Senior DevOps/ Cloud/ Platform Engineer (f/m/x)
Full-time employment | Permanent | ASAP | Berlin
Our vision at Architrave is to revolutionize the processes and workflows within the Real Estate industry, by building and providing a data-driven SaaS platform. The mission is not only to transfer paper into documents but to really digitalize the industry.
We strive for constant innovation using state of the art technology, to not only extract data but to analyze and learn from it, using Machine Learning and other Big Data technologies in order to create real value and a unique experience for our customers.
Be part of this one-of-a-kind organization and join us in our journey towards the revolution of data and Real Estate.
Just last year, Architrave won the PropTech of the Year Award!
Your Future Responsibilities:
- Build our cloud! Be an experienced and significant contributor to our platform, planning and building a new infrastructure which will be used by all our products and services facilitating the AWS cloud and a private data center.
- Develop tools and processes to monitor and automate application management and incident response.
- Introduce analytics tools and processes to provide actionable insights into application performance, efficiency, and quality.
- Provide methods and practice leadership and knowledge sharing in your team to improve development agility, operational resilience and fully utilization of our new stack.
- Foster the responsibility and understanding of security and quality within your team to build secure, stable and scalable applications.
- Evaluate interesting new technologies and come up with strategies to implement them.
- Evangelize the culture of learning from mistakes and outages.
What you should bring with you:
- Extensive experience (6+ years) with one or more cloud vendors (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Solid experience using Linux (5+ years).
- Practical experience in shell scripting (bash/sh) and other script languages.
- Experience in operating highly available distributed systems, in particular, Microservices, in a cloud environment - preferably AWS.
- Practical knowledge (4+ years) deploying and using change management, release management and CI/CD tools and processes (Travis CI, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation).
- Practical knowledge (4+ years) configuring and deploying serverless and containerized applications, using Docker, Kubernetes or AWS ECS.
- Experience in using FaaS (AWS Lambda, Google Functions) is a big plus.
- Knowledge (3+ years) managing BigData applications handling streaming data at scale (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS Kinesis).
- Experience using common monitoring and logging tools and frameworks.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, being part of a cross-functional team.
- Strong sense of ownership and quality, entrepreneurial thinking and ability to drive SRE initiatives across teams and within our Ops chapter.
- Willingness to have a positive impact on our engineering culture and encouraging knowledge sharing.
- Fluent in spoken and written English is a must, German is not mandatory but a plus.
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation, flexible working hours and a family-friendly work ethic
- A great place to grow and to take over responsibility, professionally and personally
- Flat hierarchies, short and open communication flows and quick decision-making processes
- A working environment that values individuals and embraces knowledge sharing
- A highly motivated and talented team that likes to prepare lunch together but also play ping-pong together twice a day
- Free drinks and a fully equipped kitchen
- Employee discounts for BVG, Urban Sports Club, LPG Biomarkt and more
So, what are you waiting for? We look forward to receiving your application (CV )!
We’d also appreciate if you forward this to anyone you think might be interested. Thanks a bunch!
Being an employer providing equal opportunities, Architrave strives for a diverse, inclusive, and healthy working environment. We invite all qualified humans to apply, regardless of ethnicity, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
Find us on Glassdoor!
Keywords: B2B, SaaS, Big Data, Machine Learning, crossfunctional teams, great office location in the heart of Berlin, family friendly, diverse team, PropTech, scrum.